Altuğra visits Emergency Hospital
The Health Minister İzlem Gürçağ Altuğra has reassured the public that all necessary measures were being taken to deal with the rising Covid-19 cases in the country.
Altuğra who visited the Emergency Hospital on Friday said that there was no need for panic and that the state hospital continued to admit patients to the different departments.
Speaking to reporters during the visit, Health Minister İzlem Gürçağ Altuğra gave the reassurance that the Lefkoşa state hospital was operating normally and that various departments had received additional personnel to cope with any rise in patient numbers.
“The various services are ready to cope with a rise in Covid-19 cases. We have taken all the necessary preparations. What we need to look out for is how many of these patients applying have Covid-19 and how many of them require to be admitted to hospital,” she said.
The health minister said that a majority of the Covid-19 patients did not require hospitalisation which she added was a positive thing.
“There are currently eight hospitalised patients with Covid-19 and all are doing well. Only one of those eight is in ICU,” Altuğra said.
She pointed out that there were two polyclinics which were at the disposal of Covid-19 patients should they require medical attention and that these patients did not receive treatment in the ER service, as some have claimed.
Altuğra also said that contrary to claims the Emergency Hospital which was previously used to treat Covid-19 was still open, and that the ophthalmology and urology departments had been moved to the Emergency Hospital building.
“The moving of the two departments has relieved the busy schedule of the surgery rooms in the main hospital building,” she said.
Altuğra also said that an advance CAT scan machine had been operational at the hospital for the past two months